5 Ways To Kick Life’s Struggles In The Butt…
5 Ways To Kick Life’s Struggles In The Butt (With Your Delicate Lady Legs!)
Reminder: Trust your journey ladies.
A good place to read about how women make it through the most difficult challenges and moments of their lives. Trust your Journey It is also a nice way to realize how strong you are, how much worse things could really be, and most important how we make it through struggles and gain a deeper understanding of ourselves and hopefully are happier.
I myself have had a few struggles. Don’t mistake that as a complaint, I would not have done it any other way. I know this because I didn’t do it another way, I did it my way. The hard way! Some people seem to be blessed with wonderful lives full of amazing decision-making skills, but mine just was not that life.
I haven’t always been a radical acceptance type of person, and when I wasn’t it was a very rough road. Constantly worrying about what everyone else in your life is doing and thinking is exhausting! I had some issues and battled my way through those, along with my fears, doubts, and just about everything else that can hold one back from being happy with their life.
The greatest thing about struggles is that it is a wonderful way to grow and learn about yourself. Hardship defines us, it brings out the absolute best (and sometimes worst) parts of ourselves. Some of our greatest moments seem to come on the end of a huge failure. The awesome part about hardship and struggles is that they are all unique to each of us. One person’s total devastation is another’s perfectly fun day. So with that said here are the 5 ways that we as the lady persuasion can battle those things that make us miserable.
1. FIND A PROGRAM TO FOLLOW THAT WORKS FOR YOU. I don’t care what it is. But I will mention a few that have worked absolute wonders for others. Byron Katie’s The Work has helped all sorts of people through letting go of the things that cause pain and frustration and enables them to just love what is. Tara Brach’s Radical Acceptance has helped countless numbers of people as well. Marsha Linehan’s Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) approach has helped many people who seem to struggle with emotional control in their lives. Susan Anderson’s The Journey from Heartbreak to Connection or her book Journey from Abandonment to Healing have helped so many people who struggle with issues relating to fear of abandonment and inability to connect with others. The lists could go on and on. The point here is to sit with yourself and try to identify what your struggle is, and then get to work on it. Find the guru that resonates with you and go for it!
2. LEARN TO MEDITATE. It might sound cliche but meditation really has been proven to drastically improve people’s general sense of well-being, lower their stress levels, promote a more calm state of mind and many other positive side effects. Any program will do, just do it! MindValley has a lot of enrichment, growth and meditation programs but they can get spendy (I still love their products). There a gallizion free programs that I would recommend a free one to start.
3. NO MATTER WHAT LOVE YOURSELF. Such a simple thing to say and yet such a hard thing to master. If we stop and listen to the things that we mutter to ourselves it can be pretty appalling. Many of us say things to ourselves that we would never say to another person. We are our own worst critics, or judge and jury, and worst darn enemies. Really listen to how you think and treat yourself and if you notice that you are in an abusive relationship with yourself, STOP THAT! Life is hard enough, why in the world do we feel the need to beat ourselves up on top of it? So let go of the past, forgive yourself for all of your imperfections and errors and be kind. Every time you catch yourself saying or thinking something unkind, simply tell yourself the exact opposite. Then make up for it by saying something nice to yourself. I promise when you stop abusing yourself it is much easier to love yourself for who you are, and aren’t.
4. LET IT GO. Disney got this one right! Just let it all go. Ask yourself when you decide to make a fuss about something if it is any of your damn business! I mean it. If it is not within YOUR POWER to change something then you are wasting time and energy worrying about something that has nothing to do with you. Byron Katie once said that there are three types of business in this world. YOUR business, THEIR business (meaning everyone else’s), and GOD’s business. (God can be whatever you want it to be, replace it with the Universe if that feels better.) But she is right and if you are in anyone else’s business but your own, you are really wasting your time, and probably creating a lot of frustration, anger, fear, and sadness for yourself and others as well.
5. TAKE TIME TO DO THINGS YOU LOVE. Yes! You should be enjoying life! You don’t need to travel around the world, buy an expensive pair of shoes, or paint a work of art either. Although if you can do those things, well you just go ahead and rock it! Sure, big treats are fun but I am talking about daily happiness maintenance. I don’t care if that is a glass of wine and Netflix after work, or a bubble bath and Spotify. Go for a walk in the park, turn off your phone and get lost in a free book at BookBub, go for lunch with your gal pals, but do it! Don’t let weeks slip by at a time because your feel burnt out, it will only get worse. I often try to avoid doing things I love because I want to do nothing, but I find when I consistently did nothing it got pretty depressing.
That’s it. That’s my list of things you can do to kick butt in life. Be kind, learn to relax and let go, let a guru give you some advice and take it, and just be nice to yourself. No one else can love you, until you love yourself! Truly trust your journey. Celebrate the whole messy thing we call life! Accepting reality is the most important gift you can give yourself, and when you accept life the way it comes it goes a lot easier! And again, Trust your Journey!
Don’t forget to sign up for my email list for freebies and when I post something new!